Monday 26 January 2015

Getting To Know You

I now have that shite song stuck in my head. Thanks, brain.

While uuhming and aahing about what blog post to do next - and while browsing other blogs for inspiration - I thought to myself, 'Hey, I am quite strange. Surely I have a few facts about me other people may find interesting?'

So voila. A list of 11 facts about me. Hopefully some of you read this list without yawning once or going 'Dis bitch boring' and clicking out of it.

P.S. I know I'm strange.
P.P.S Please don't judge me.

1. Technically, I've had plastic surgery. No, not a nose job or a boob job or anything scandalous like that (though God knows I could do with them) but when I was around 14 I had my ears pinned back. For as long as I can remember, I got bullied in school for having slightly large super sticky-out ears. The nickname of choice was 'Dumbo' which was horrific at the time but now I think of it, Dumbo is awesome and really cute. So are sticky-out ears. 

2. I pushed my brother onto our marble fireplace when I was 2. He cracked his head open, I got put to bed in my slippers (the ultimate punishment when your brother is bleeding all over the place, apparently) and my mum nearly got arrested for child abuse. 17 years later all is forgiven (though I still get blackmailed with this sometimes) and I seem to actually recall doing it.

3. I dropped a glass on my big toe and I have a scar that looks slightly lightning bolt shaped. I guess you could call me Harry Pottoe. (That was bad I'm sorry).

4. I bit my bottom lip so hard my tooth went through it. Also have a scar under my lip. Why are so many of these facts about injuries? Weird.

5. My teeth are probably one of my biggest insecurities. They're extremely overcrowded and crooked so I avoid laughing/smiling/anything to do with my mouth - leave it - as much as possible. I also have very weak enamel and dental phobia so that's fun!

6. I left school when I was 16, just after I finished my Junior Cert. And I don't regret it one tiny bit - in fact I'd say it was a great decision. Now I'm not saying it'll be the same for everyone, but for me this was pivotal in bringing out my self confidence. I did a course at Sligo Community Training Centre, went on to do a course in Sligo College of Further Education and I'm now doing an internship - who knows what's next. I may not have a Leaving Cert but I am happy.

7. I used to have a snail collection when I was about 7. I hoarded all these random snails from the garden and kept them in a lunchbox. My two favourites were called Major and Champ and I used to race them against each other. Yes, it was possible. They also lived in my dolls' house and I drove them around in my Barbie car.

8. I also had pet stick insects. I was a stick insect breeder. They bred like rabbits so I gave some away to people at school and sold them to my teacher for a fiver each. #entrepreneur

9. My first words were 'Spice Girls'. I really loved the Spice Girls.

10. I make up little dances spur of the moment and perform them in the kitchen. Saying that, I haven't done one in ages. I've always thought to myself, 'I wonder if I'll ever find anyone who will dance in the kitchen with me?'

11. I used to have 2 pet chickens called Paxo and Stuffing (horrible I know) and I used to put them down the slide and dance with them. Pretty sure I have a video somewhere of me doing that. Those poor chickens. I always thought the fox caught them but now that I think of what I put them through they probably ran to the fox and begged him to take them away from it all.

I hope some of these facts were interesting. Do feel free to share or comment - it makes my day! If you have any weird facts I'd love to hear them.

6 comments:

  1. Well I can relate to a few of these the dental insecurities, scar on my toe and almost murdering my brother and I would'nt call what I do in the kitchen dancing more like pretending I'm making my own martial art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honesty in this post. I too used to suffer from dental phobia but hypnotherapy was the answer for me. Maybe you could give it a go too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too bad now since finding a dentist whom I feel totally comfortable with, I used to think hypnotherapy would be the only option!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I too nearly killed one of my brothers, well i gave him a black eye with a plastic golf club(when i was 4), i'll never live that one down either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll definitely find someone to dance in the kitchen with! But to be sure start doing it while dating. A guy like that is a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so refreshingly honest and funny.

    ReplyDelete