Thursday 17 September 2015

Supper By The Sea

 My family and I recently headed along to Eithna's By The Sea in Mullaghmore to have a late lunch. We don't have family meals out very often so it was a lovely treat as we had a voucher to use. It was a beautiful crisp day down by the beach so we were glad to warm up inside Eithna's. I absolutely love the paintwork on the exterior of the restaurant, it's gorgeous and so appropriate for a seaside eatery.


When we walked in we were greeted by the lovely wait staff and shown to our table upstairs by the window. We had a lovely view of Mullaghmore. Eithna herself greeted us and we had a chat. She explained all the seafood is sourced from just across the road in Mullaghmore - you can't get much more local than that!

The menu is quite extensive and includes non-seafood dishes as well as vegetarian choices - there's something for everyone. I chose the steak sandwich with chunky homemade wedges, my brother Jono went for the fish & chips, and mum and dad shared a seafood platter with some chicken on the side. 


Our food came promptly and we tucked in. My steak sandwich was cooked to perfection and the wedges were crispy and fluffy. I tried some of the crabmeat from the seafood platter which was also tasty. Everyone enjoyed their food immensely - clean plates all around!

I didn't have a dessert as I was stuffed but mum had a meringue which looked beautiful, adorned with edible flowers. Dad went for apple pie with cream. The presentation of all the dishes was so colourful and fun. I love the decor of Eithna's. Everything is seaside themed and I loved the little lighthouses dotted around.



We were all well and truly stuffed by the end of our meal. I'd definitely go back there again, the food was so tasty and fresh and the portion sizes were very generous! Thanks to Eithna for being a good hostess. Find her on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment