Thursday 21 December 2017

Hook(ed), Line & Sinker

I'm sure most of my Sligo-based readers have heard the buzz about Hooked - Anthony Gray (of Eala Bhán)'s new restaurant in Rockwood Parade. Hooked is very different to Eala Bhán but the ethos of fresh, creative food and local producers is still there, as is the beautiful decor (a boat hanging from the ceiling and a mural made entirely of Sharpie writing and drawings!)


The excitement around Hooked isn't unwarranted - I went to check it out last week and was very impressed. Anthony focuses on quality ingredients and dishes with a creative flair. The menu includes fish and chips, gorgeous salad, the famous Joe Gray sausages, and heavenly desserts. There's something for everyone at Hooked.


I went for the skinny egg white muffins on avocado almond butter toast, which ROM came up with (so it's definitely very healthy!) and it was divine. It's quite unusual to see such a dish but it's right up my street. I'd like to recreate this myself at home!

To ensure I was getting a balanced lunch (ha) I had to share a knickerbocker glory with mum - and I'm glad I did. It was gorgeous - butterscotch pieces, brownie and meringue pieces, and smooth sweet ice cream. Swoon.


We left with full and satisfied bellies, and I swear I dreamt about the knickerbocker glory that night! I'll definitely have to go back to Hooked and try out their chocolate brownie next time - for research purposes, of course. 

Best of luck to Anthony and the team on their new venture, go try it out for yourself - you'll be Hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment