Monday 13 April 2015

Too Much Wisdom Is A Dangerous Thing

I should get a slap on the wrist for being a bad blogger. In my defense though, I was couped up in bed with tonsillitis (just before Easter break, natch). To add insult to injury - and to explain the title - I have an impacted wisdom tooth that is making my life a misery. Because our healthcare system in Ireland is so wonderful (!) I'm being refused help for the time being and am having to put up with the usual 'Ah sure we'll prescribe you painkillers, be grand'. I'm tempted to give someone a bread knife and a pliers and do the job DIY style. I may end up looking like the Joker but at least I wouldn't be in agony anymore!

In more exciting news, if you live in Sligo you may have seen me on the front page of the Sligo Weekender (no, I didn't kill anyone). I always thought my media debut would be headlined 'Face Transplants: Before & After' or something like that, but thankfully this was for something exciting. I absolutely love cooking - if you followed my Instagram before I revamped it you may have seen my foodie posts. I was so excited when a talented chef, Liam, gave me the opportunity to feature some of my recipes on his up-and-coming food website, BiaMaith. The website is great if you want to find out how to cook quick, easy meals on a budget so definitely check it out!


I hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn't feel too guilty about inhaling Easter eggs (if you had them). Personally, I never want to see chocolate again for as long as I live. (This is a lie, I literally just ate some chocolate mini eggs and they were amazing). Over the Easter break I  mainly relaxed, got my hair balayaged (ooh get me) by my best friend Bethany - blog to follow, probably - and went to Strandhill a couple of times as the weather was actually pretty nice. Of course, it has now gone back to being baltic, but that's okay because I'm back to work. Thanks, weather gods. 

We also adopted another rescue dog so now we have 2 smelly dogs in the house. He appears to be a cross between a pug and a terrier and he's so ugly it's adorable. I loves him. Even when he does fart and it smells so bad it could knock you out.

So that was just a quick update to redeem myself after not posting for so long. I have a few exciting things coming up so expect more regular posting from now on! *slap on the wrist*

Did you do anything exciting over Easter? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment