Tuesday 31 January 2017

Smiles Ahead: My Invisalign Journey

It's been a while since I posted an Invisalign update! You'll be happy to know I'm still going strong with them, continuing to change my trays every 2 weeks or so. I'm noticing great progress just by the little things - the fact I actually get food stuck in my teeth now they're not so crowded, the fact my front teeth aren't so pushed together I can actually feel the back of them - small things like that make me happy because it means I know the Invisalign are working.

I was a little curious as to how my appointments with David McConville would work since moving up to Athlone for college. Turns out I didn't have to panic - the day before I moved away David gave me the remainder of my Invisalign trays so I could continue on with them at home. Check-ups aren't a problem because the team at David McConville are so understanding and friendly they work around me, so I can make appointments for whenever I go back home to Sligo. I have an appointment in the middle of February for 6.35 p.m. - so I don't even have to miss college for it! I love the flexibility of having Invisalign rather than ordinary braces which require a lot of upkeep.

I also wondered when I started college if anyone would notice I had Invisalign (mostly because I get a bit saliva-y for a day or two when I change my trays and accidentally spit at people like some kind of llama). No one noticed a thing, so one day when I casually announced I had braces everyone thought I was joking! They really are undetectable in everyday life. Because I'm studying a Business course it requires us to do presentations, and I feel so much more confident knowing my teeth are getting straighter and straighter without anyone noticing. I've even noticed myself smiling more.



(P.S sorry for the grimace, because I'm not used to smiling with my teeth I don't quite know how to without looking slightly deranged!)



Here's a pic of how my teeth looked before starting Invisalign. As you can see, my right canine tooth isn't even visible and my left one is hidden behind the front tooth. Now you can see that from my treatment, both teeth are emerging.

I've estimated all going well I should be finished my treatment around September which is amazing - I could have a brand new smile in time for the new college year, and my birthday! My bottom teeth look almost completely straight and my top teeth are a huge improvement too - I never thought I'd be able to see my two crowded teeth fully emerge.  I'll continue to keep you posted on how my treatment is going! If you're interested in Invisalign check out David McConville on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment