Friday 27 January 2017

Something To Smile About: Life Is Sweet!

I know it's almost the end of the month already but truth be told, I still haven't a notion what day it is and I'm still just about getting my arse into gear. January feels like being on one of those rollercoasters in Thorpe Park where you go from 0 to 50 million miles (not literally) in a minute. 

So, to brighten up January a bit, here are some things that've made me happy recently!

1. Getting a First in my exam results. I got my exam results today and was absolutely delighted to get a First! I did much better than I expected and the relief was real.

2. A weekend trip up to Liffey Valley in Dublin to check out the new Penneys and have a romantic night away. Laurence and I decided to book a romantic night away in the Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley and to check out the new massive 3 story Penneys (bet Laurence can't wait). We're also going to COSMO which is an all-you-can-eat restaurant. It has loads of dishes such as pizza, sushi, pasta dishes, and even a self serve ice-cream machine AND a chocolate fountain. Prepare yourself, jeans, you gonna need some stretch.


3. Meeting up with my mum in Galway and going into a sugar coma. My mum and I had a lovely day out in Galway last weekend. We went to Cupán Tae for tea and cake and then headed to Sweet Republic because have you seen their pictures on Facebook?! I had tea and carrot cake in Cupán Tae which was delightful. In Sweet Republic we went for a hot chocolate freakshake kind of thing and a Kinder brownie to share. It was absolutely out of this world but I felt like I had a sugar coma all day! I highly recommend you check out both places if you're in Galway.

4. General other lovely bits. I had a great night last night attending a friend's birthday party, my friend Shane got the most amazing looking profiteroles for Laurence and I, and I saw these little pictures dotted above the bathroom mirrors in college which I really like:



Hope you all have a great weekend! What made you smile lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment