Thursday 22 June 2017

Great Food At Glencar TeaShed

Is there anything nicer than Afternoon Tea? Recently, Glencar TeaShed invited my mum and I along to try their Afternoon Tea, which was very kind of them. Until recently I had no idea they did Afternoon Tea, and at such a beautiful location just beside Glencar Waterfall, what's not to love?


We were seated at the window with an amazing view of the mountain. Glencar TeaShed have an extensive list of teas, some of them sound absolutely delicious. I went for Morning Dreams green tea and mum went for a rosehip type one. Both smelled and tasted absolutely delicious and complimented the Afternoon Tea so well. Now on to the best part: the food! The cake tier we were given was full to the brim of delicious looking goodies: mini Oreo cheesecakes, mint Aero traybake, lemon drizzle cake, white chocolate and raspberry scones, sandwiches, salad, crisps, mini cupcakes... everything looked divine and I couldn't decide what to try first.





We worked our way steadily through the goodies and everything was scrumptious. The café were kind enough to do me some vegetarian sandwiches too: cucumber sandwiches, and pesto, mozzarella and tomato sandwiches. Yummy, The sweet treats were gorgeous, my favourites were the white chocolate and raspberry scones and the Oreo cheesecake. I loved the variety in the Afternoon Tea, it's nice to try a little bit of everything. We were absolutely stuffed by the end and even though we were dying to try one of their ice cream sundaes we admitted defeat - next time though!

I love how peaceful and bright Glencar TeaShed is. I also love their little shop which is part of the café, they sell some really unusual little trinkets. I think the fox design gifts were my favourite. After our feast we went for a stroll up to the waterfall as you can't go to Glencar and not see the waterfall, to quote mum! I tried out the 'silky water' feature on the Huawei P8 which is great, I was pleased with how the pictures came out.


We had a lovely day out and both really enjoyed the Afternoon Tea. If you're ever in Leitrim I highly recommend you pop into Glencar TeaShed, they have loads of tasty options even if Afternoon Tea isn't your thing. Thanks again to all at the TeaShed for inviting us along and for a lovely afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment