Saturday 2 September 2017

Relaxation in Rosses Point

In my previous blog I mentioned how nice it is to take some time out and treat myself whilst struggling with mental health issues. So, I was delighted when Yeats Country Hotel & Spa in Rosses Point, County Sligo, invited my mum and I along for a mother-daughter spa day. There's nothing like getting pampered and escaping from the trials and tribulations of life for a few hours!

I have been to the spa at Yeats Country Hotel before and absolutely loved it. Sometimes I do feel a bit intimidated going to a spa as I feel like I'm not a normal person half of the time but the girls at Yeats are so lovely and welcoming. We were greeted by Mary who showed us to the relaxation room, which was gorgeous and bright and overlooked the sea.


We chilled for a short while as our aromatherapy baths were being prepared. The baths were so relaxing, the perfect temperature and the scented aromatherapy oils in them made our skin silky smooth and smelled amazing. We sat back in our baths and listened to the soothing music and got out after about an hour. I could've stayed in there all day!

Next, it was time for our treatments. I chose a facial and mum went for a back, neck and shoulder massage. I love getting facials, they always make my skin feel amazing and rejuvenated. My facial was just lovely, I loved the heated towels - so much so that I nearly fell asleep! If only I could get a facial every day. After my facial I had a lovely Indian head massage. I absolutely love head massages and this was heaven, I could feel all my stresses melt away.


For my final treatment I chose a nail file and polish as my nails were very chipped and in need of some TLC. I picked a gorgeous purple colour which was very hard because they had some amazing colours! I was tempted to get a different colour on each nail. Overall I was delighted with the end result, my nails looked fantastic and the polish lasted ages.

After our lovely pampering it was time for lunch. We were brought our food to the Relaxation Room which was wonderful, we didn't have to lift a finger! I had a delicious vegetable noodle stir-fry and mum had a sesame seed crusted goats' cheese salad which was to die for. The food was beautiful and the selection on the menu was really good, they do pizzas too. 


I highly recommend you go to Yeats Country Hotel & Spa if you ever find yourself around Sligo. It's one of my favourite spas, so friendly, relaxing and the food in the restaurant is great too so you can make a proper day of it! Thanks again to Yeats Hotel for such a brilliant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment