Monday 1 January 2018

A Clean Slate

I know a lot of people get sick of the 'New Year, New Me' thing every year, but I love having a clean slate and a fresh start to the year - even if it does only make me feel motivated for a week or two. I like to look back over my blogs and Facebook posts to see how my year went at a glance. 

I have to say, 2017 wasn't a great year for me - and a lot of people, I'd guess - it came with a lot of challenges, knockbacks, some health issues and plenty of obstacles. But here I am, going into another year and feeling pretty happy with life at the moment. I truly believe all the crap and bends in the road life throws at you help you get stronger and deal with everything. The way I see it you can either pick yourself back up and dust yourself off or let life pull you down with it.

In 2017 I went into my second year of college, went to Newcastle, a photo I took won a photography competition, got a First in my exams, suffered from depression (probably my biggest challenge of the year), attended counselling and got the help I needed to overcome that challenge, dabbled in upcycling/craft, and felt like I (mostly) got my shit together.


In terms of what I'm hoping for in 2018, and my sort-of New Year's Resolutions: I'd like it to be a year of health, more adventures and trying different things, being healthier (this is a big one), putting more time and energy into the blog and blogging about things I really want to write about, whilst trying to figure out if the 3rd year of my college course is going ahead or if I'll have to try and get a job - if any employer in Sligo or Athlone is reading this please keep me in mind for next summer! I'd also like to upcycle and craft a bit more because it has piqued my interest lately, so watch this space.

So that's my hopes and dreams for 2018. I hope it's a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year for you all. Let me know what your ideal 2018 looks like, and as usual, thanks so much for all your support. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment