Tuesday 11 November 2014

My Day In Photos: Rathcormac Market

I do love a good market, they're one of my favourite things (I know, I sound like an elderly woman) so I perused Rathcormac market for the first time on Saturday. Much like the Strandhill People's Market, Rathcormac mainly sells homemade crafts and local produce.


There were a couple of vendors selling all organic homegrown fruit and vegetables (shown above). There was such a wide variety - stuff you couldn't just pick up at Aldi! I was also really tempted by the selection of cakes and breads available but I managed to control myself. I thought the taster plate of jams and relishes above looked very appetising. I've had homemade jam before from Beltra market and it definitely trumps shopbought jam. 


























There was lots of homeware for sale including some excellent wood carvings and abstract/Irish paintings by Ciaran Kavanagh of Annies He-Art Studio. Also at the market was a favourite of mine, Marshall Made It. They sell the most adorable kitsch homeware and trinkets - I want all the things. I thought the Christmas themed tins, above left, were beautiful and a great present idea (for myself of course). I also love the little chalkboards - I think they're such a good idea for writing notes or meal plans for the week. Marshall Made It also offers new Christmas wrapping supplies such as ribbons and bows - great if you're a perfectionist when it comes to wrapping presents, like me.

Again from Marshall Made it: Russian doll salt and pepper shakers (so cute), owl brooches and my favourite thing of the lot: PET ROCKS. I have to admit I got 2. They're adorable and they even have a Minion one! There was a tantalising stall full of (literally) sweet gifts - if I was a kid (and even now still) I'd be thrilled to get one of those treats for a present.  I also loved the marriage plaques above - they're so Pinterest and a really sweet idea.

Another gift idea if you have kids were these precious knitted characters - I love the Snowman and the monster-thing hat. I thought they were so unique and anyone crafty would be delighted with them. Also for sale were handcrafted colourful bead earrings and tiny birdcage tealight holders - I'm definitely going to get one for my bottom drawer collection. 

After a while I started to get chilly so I headed into the Vintage Lane Café to warm up a bit. If I had a café, it would be this café. The colour scheme and quirky decorations were perfect for the setting - I loved the idea of colanders for lightshades and the bunting by the window. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to eat there (it was quite busy at the time) but hopefully some day I will, I've heard great things about it. 

All in all I was very impressed with Rathcormac Market and I can't wait to go back and visit it closer to Christmas - the atmosphere was just wonderful and there's something there to cater to everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the picture of my personalised wedding print, Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete