Friday 20 February 2015

Luxurious Locks | The Blow Dry Bar, Sligo

There's nothing better than getting your hair done after a long week. Even better when it's not for a particular event other than feeling like treating yourself and getting a bit of a pampering. 


Today after work I headed along to the recently opened Blow Dry Bar in the Wine Street car park, Sligo. The lovely Elaine invited me along so I could see what I thought and take a few photos in the process. I also got a chance to see their new beauty salon which is opening upstairs with a tanning room, massage room, and nail bar - so you can get your hair and beauty done all in the same place.

The Blow Dry Bar is a unique addition to Sligo. We have lots of great hairdressers, but none that specifically offer blowdrying and styles only. I was also very impressed to see they advertised braids as I haven't seen anywhere else in town do this and braids are really in lately.

The 'menu' offers anything from 12 week blowdries to fishtail braids. There's something for everyone - from the trendsetter to the girl on the go.


Anyone who sees me on a daily basis knows I usually just have my hair styled naturally as I'm too lazy and clueless to style it, thus meaning it mostly just lies flat and lifeless especially now I'm growing it out. 

I was greeted by Elaine and my stylist, Aoife, and I told them my hair woes. They suggested a curly blowdry with pin curls to give my hair a bit of life and volume which I happily agreed to. 

After a lovely relaxing shampoo and scalp massage at the padded (!) basin - no achey necks here, my friends - I was led over to the 'bar' and seated in one of the chic white leather seats. I love the décor in the salon - black and white - and the Kilner jars used to hold hair accessories and fairy lights as a unique touch. 



Aoife got started with my blowdry and we had a lovely chat. It's actually rare for me to feel that comfortable getting my hair done, I usually feel a bit intimidated like I'm going to the dentist or something - anyone else get this?! It was nice to have a truly relaxing hair experience. I also didn't have to ask her once to turn down the temperature on the hairdryer. Usually I find it far too hot and the head would be burnt off you by the end, but at the Blow Dry Bar there was none of this.

In no time my hair was transformed. I entered the salon Katie Hopkins and when I left I was more Katie Price. There's nothing like a glamorous blowdry to make you feel fabulous all day! When the clips were taken out I could immediately feel the bounce and spring in my hair. After copious amounts of hairspray and a lot of hair-swishing I was ready to set off and proceed to swan about flicking my hair for the rest of the day to the tune of 'Glamorous' by Fergie in my head. Apologies to anyone who had to witness this.

Voila! Look at that swishiness in all its glory.

The curl lasted surprisingly well considering it was windy outside and my hair loses a curl at the slightest movement. When I got home I got my personal photographer (my mum) to take a few pictures of me so you could see my hair from the front. So here we have it, my face. Sorry if I frighten any small children.


So there's my Blow Dry Bar experience. If you're around Sligo definitely pop in for a bit of pampering. The Blow Dry Bar also cater to weddings, nights out, parties, the lot. I'd definitely go back if I wanted my hair done for an event - next time I'll try out the braids!

Find the Blow Dry Bar on Facebook or give them a call on 071 917 0629 - you won't be disappointed. They are also hosting a hair and beauty tutorial event on the 9th March, check it out here if you want to learn how to salon style your hair at home and apply your makeup like the professionals.

Thanks a million to Elaine and Aoife at The Blow Dry Bar.
Check out my mum's blog on her experience too for a great before and after!

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks lovely, Lucy! And I think you might enjoy my post for today (it's about mother-daughter time): http://notesfrominnisfree.blogspot.ca/2015/02/girl-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Really enjoyed that post, nothing beats a girly day :-)

      Delete