Saturday 31 December 2016

Resolutions

I never stick to New Years' resolutions. 

So why should 2017 be any different? I think there comes a point where you really desperately want to get your sh*t together and sit yourself down and tell yourself: "You're kind of an adult now, maybe you should stick to some of your resolutions." It's really easy to develop bad habits.

For example, sometimes instead of cooking dinner I'll sit there and eat a plate of crackers spread with soft cheese. Or I'll just snack instead. I have so many fabulous cooking utensils, ingredients and a passion for cooking, so why don't I fuel my passion? Because I'm lazy sometimes a lot of the time, that's why. In 2017, I resolve to keep practicing in the kitchen and experiment every day. Whether it be making my own pizza dough or perfecting a recipe I've always wanted to nail, I'll do it. Or at least try to.

With that comes the classic trying to eat healthy resolution. I'm sick of feeling sick from eating rubbish so I'm determined to really give some sort of structured eating routine a go, instead of eating a whole tub of Pringles and wondering why my jeans won't do up. Watch this space.

I feel like 2016 - the latter half especially - has consisted of a lot of rushing around and not a whole lot of taking time out for myself. Since moving in with Laurence I've noticed myself becoming a bit needy and dependent on him which I think can be smothering in a relationship. 2017 will be the year I try and take up a new hobby (I'm not sure what yet, any ideas?) and practice more ~self love. Cheesy as it sounds, there's a lot to be said for having a pamper evening, going for a walk or even making yourself an indulgent breakfast you really love. Everyone needs to be a bit selfish sometimes.

Since starting college I've found myself slipping into a very same-y style of dressing. I used to always dress up in skirts, nice tops or dresses with tights and heels or boots, and lately I just dress for comfort which isn't like me at all. I was very lucky to receive some Penneys vouchers for Christmas and I'm determined to do a wardrobe blitz and sort out my style. For some reason I went through a phase of buying sleeveless summery clothes that are more suited to Malibu than Westmeath. Not very logical for Irish weather, but on my next shopping trip I'll be sure to opt for slightly warmer clothes!

This year I've been so busy I feel like my blogging has fallen by the wayside, and I've felt a little disheartened about how my blog has been faring. There's such fierce competition in the blogging world lately, but as they say, there's nothing wrong with healthy competition. Sometimes it feels as though the blogging community isn't a community and everyone is totally out for themselves though. Google has decided to take my blog off the search engine which has drastically affected my stats, and it's really getting me down. However, I won't let it defeat me. I will resolve to keep blogging, e-mail Google to see what's happening, and try and make my blog more varied. After all, blogging is an outlet for everything going on in my head and I really do enjoy it - even if there's only a handful of people reading!

So those are just a few of my resolutions - what are yours? I hope you all have a happy, safe and healthy New Year. Time to fit as many Pringles as possible into my mouth before the healthy eating kick tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment