Monday 3 November 2014

Fireworks & Firsts (Lucy's Life)

I know I'm all over the place with my tags but hey, I never said I was the most organised girl ever! Lucy's Life is basically a little update on what's been happening in my life. These past few months or so have actually been pretty eventful for me.

First off, I'm now (sort of) working! I'm doing an office internship - which I know causes a lot of controversy but we won't go into that, I see it positively as a way to gain experience and hopefully employment down the line - as a receptionist and I'm really enjoying it so far. So if it seems like I'm neglecting my blog it's because I'm just that bit busier lately - but I will still find time to post! 

Second, after many years of sitting on my bed in my cat onesie (yes, I really do own a onesie covered in cats) shovelling Doritos into my mouth wailing 'WHY DON'T I HAVE A BOYFRIEND' (that's only semi-true...) I can now say I am in a relationship. Of course, because the Universe is a bitch he happens to reside in the UK which is a bit unfortunate but I'm all about positivity and so far we're making it work. Last weekend I travelled to London - on my own for the first time, wouldjabelieveit - to spend the weekend with him and we had a lovely time. We went to Greenwich for our first date - he planned it perfectly for me; we ate Mexican, visited Greenwich market and got Starbucks *swoon* - and I saw the Cutty Sark, in case you're wondering what that random ship is. I'm a bit raging I didn't get any nice photos of the two of us (you probably think he's made up now) but I'm hoping I can convince him to take a few selfies when he comes over this month. 


Lastly, for Halloween I went up t'North to watch the fireworks display in Enniskillen. It's my second year seeing them and again, I thoroughly enjoyed it - and I didn't wake up the next day with a hangover, even better. I'm such a scaredy cat I jumped every time one went off (the fireworks, that is) and I hid behind people as a sort of human shield but apart from that I love watching fireworks, there's something so magical about standing around with a bunch of strangers watching the air getting polluted. I kid, I kid - it was beautiful.

So those are a few exciting things that have happened recently, hope some of you maybe found this little update interesting and I'll be sure to do another soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment